Just came across this list posted by the Pet Poison Helpline that lists the top human medications that are toxic to pets, and they are:
- Pain relievers (Advil, Aleve, Motrin, Tylenol, etc.)
- Antidepressants (Zoloft, Cymbalta, Effexor, etc.)
- ADD/ADHD medications (Ritaline, Vyvanse, etc.)
- Muscle relaxantants (Lioresal, Flexeril, etc.)
- Heart medications (Cartia, Cardizem, etc.)
- Sleep aids (Klonopin, Ambien, Lunesta)
If your pet accidentally ingests any human medication – prescription or over the counter (OTC) – call your veterinarian right away. You can also visit the Pet Poison Helpline website or call them at 1-800-213-6680. I believe there is a small fee associated with their service. Keep all your medications away from your pets to help keep them safe!